(Download the file, open with Adobe Acrobat Reader)
2019 August Newsletter
- President: Tamarrah Labrada, (863)430 -6330 email@example.com
- Vice President: Lee Adams, (352)279-3036 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Dana Proeger, (352)279-1286 email@example.com
- Treasurer: Jorge Labrada, (863)838-4615 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail Boss: Lee Adams, (352)279-3036 email@example.com
- Francine Naasko, (727)808-5489 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Committee: Jorge Labrada, (863)838-4615 email@example.com
- Tamarrah Labrada, (863)430 -6330 firstname.lastname@example.org
**Ask a friend to join**
**We are on our summer ride out time!! Take Note!! Don’t Be Late.
***********Ride out is 9:30, meet at 9:00*************
August 11: Club ride, 2nd Sunday at River Ratz. Lunch at River Ratz after the ride.
August 24: 4th Saturday ride will be a pool party at Elaine’s house. The Club will buy pizza. Bring a dish to share. Bring your own drinks.
August 31: 5th Saturday ride at River Ratz. Lunch at River Ratz after the ride.
Directions to rides:
- River Ratz Café– 29295 Lake Lindsey Rd (CR 476), Nobelton, FL, 34661. From Exit 309 on I-75 go west on CR 476B 3 miles. Turn left onto CR 476. Go 3.4 miles west and River Ratz is immediately on your right after you cross the Withlacoochee River bridge.
- LandBridge Trail Head – 475A (Land Bridge) Trailhead -11100 Southwest 16th Avenue Road Ocala, FL 34473. The Land Bridge Trailhead (westernmost point) is along CR 475A 4 miles north of CR 484 off the I-75 exit for Belleview /Dunnellon. Head east from I-75 to the first traffic light, turn left and drive north. The trailhead entrance has a turnout lane.
- Elaine’s house: 7311 Decision Rd, Land O Lakes, FL 34638 (Across from The Groves Golf & Country Club & Publix …Coming south on 41 south of 52 thru the light a Walgreens. It’s the next right. Continue down Causeway 2miles and turn LEFT onto DECISION Rd,. 1st Farm Gate on Right.)
- July 6: Pool party at Jim Smithberger’s house was fun and festive! We had about 30 people. Thank you Jim for hosting such a wonderful party!
- July 14: The 2nd Sunday club ride at River Ratz. It was a very nice day for a ride. We had 16 riders and 1 mini. A couple non rider’s joined us for lunch after the ride.
- July 27: 4th Saturday ride. We had 10 riders at the Landbridge Trailhead. 6 Camped at Golden Acres Rest and Ride and 1 camped at Phil’s Farm.
The club has created a Suncoast Trail Riders of Florida Facebook page. If you are on Facebook, please make sure to check it out and like the page…if you haven’t already! Tag your friends and let them know to tag others. This is just another way of meeting new people and new members.
Membership is 20.00 single 25.00 family
**The club web site is being updated. Check it out! Subscribe to the newsletter by putting in your email address.
*We have 2 groups at each club ride.
- Fast group-gaited horse walk,
- slow group-quarter horse walk. The rides last about 2 ½ hours.
*Be sure to sign in at all parks when you ride.
*Guests riding with Suncoast Trail Riders must sign up with the trail boss before the ride leaves the trail head.
*Effective October 1, 2009. In Florida, all riders under the age of 16 must wear a helmet when riding on any public roads or trails.
*Remember that each rider must carry proof of a current negative Coggins test for your horse with you on the trails. Although we are rarely asked to show one, as responsible horse owners, we should be prepared.
Future Non-Club Rides and Activities:
- Let me know if you have anything horse related to sell, or have a service you
- would like to post in the classifieds.
- Be responsible with your horse’s manure.
- Scatter it or take it home with you.
- Ride Safe, Eat Well, Have Fun!
Here is the June newsletter.
June Newsletter PDF